Saturday, June 1, 2013

Presentation Practice

So, I practiced my 2 hour presentation for the first time on Friday for Professor Wise and his graduate student Bart. Despite the 20+ minutes we spent trying to figure out how to draw the Feynman diagram showing the stop squark contribution to the Higgs scalar, I thought it went very smoothly. I particularly enjoyed drawing on the giant blackboard (with recent notes drawn by my fourth interview, Joe Polchinski!)
They both gave me very helpful notes, and after presenting to people at Caltech I think presenting to the class should be a breeze. I've cleared up the inaccuracies and we arrived at explanations that (hopefully) will be accessible to everyone.
I have loved my experience at Caltech and I could not be more grateful to Professor Wise for taking the time out of his two jobs (in two different states) to help me with this project. He has been the Gandalf of my senior project-even when he had "no memory of" the Feynman drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment